The Crochet Craft Co is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WHAT I DO WITH THE INFORMATION I GATHER
I may process your information included in your personal profile on my website (“profile data”). The profile data may include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- I may use the information to improve our products and services
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, provided you have consented to this.
The legal basis for this processing is my legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of my website and business.
I may also process information contained in any enquiry you submit to me regarding goods and/or services (“enquiry data”). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
I may also process information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to my email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
My online store is managed through WordPress and WooCommerce, which is one of the most well-used Content Management Systems in the world. All my online payments are processed by PayPal, and by using the checkout on my website all personal information is collected by PayPal and not me. I also have an Etsy Shop who manage all the personal information and payment information separately. Below are the direct links to their own Privacy Policies for your information;
You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through my website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online, such as secure passwords.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal data that I process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me
You also have the right to:
- object to me processing your data. I will either agree to stop processing or explain why I am unable to.
- ask for a copy of your personal information I hold, subject to certain exemptions.
- ask me to update or correct your personal information to ensure its accuracy.•ask me to delete your personal information from my records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose.•ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- ask for a copy of your personal information, so it can used for your own purposes.
- complain if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. Please do come to me in the first instance to resolve anything, however you are of course entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk.
- ask me, at any time, to stop processing your personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so. I may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell me that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email me on email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email me as soon as possible and I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Crochet Craft Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.